FACILITY PROTOCOLS The purpose of this document is to outline safety protocols for users and user groups in Town owned recreation facilities to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. In this document, users include permit holders, spectators, visitors, participants, and patrons using the facilities. Please follow the protocols listed below and communicate them with your participants.
We look forward to your visit. Health & Safety Expectations: All users are to follow all current and future COVID-19 Public Health and Provincial regulations and public health measures including but not limited to proper sanitation, safe physical distancing, personal protective equipment, including face coverings, and gathering of people. The Permit Holder and/or their Designate is responsible for screening and contact tracing for all individuals associated with their rental including all attendees, spectators, guardians etc. Contact information must be dated and securely retained for reference, for 30 days from each facility booking permit date.
A copy of this information is to be submitted to the designated onsite Town of New Tecumseth staff upon entry to facility (15 minutes prior to booking time) where it will also be retained by the Town for 30 days from the date of the permitted rental. We strongly encourage all participants to use the Ontario Self-Assessment online screening tool at
COVID - 19 Screening Questions:
Fever and/or chills Temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius/100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher Cough or barking cough (croup)Not related to asthma, post-infectious reactive airways, COPD, or other known causes or conditions you already have Shortness of breath Not related to asthma or other known causes or conditions you already have Sore throat Not related to seasonal allergies, acid reflux, or other known causes or conditions you already have Difficulty swallowing Painful swallowing not related to other known causes or conditions you already have Decrease or loss of smell or taste Not related to seasonal allergies, neurological disorders, or other known causes or conditions you already have Pink eye Conjunctivitis not related to reoccurring styes or other known causes or conditions you already have Runny or stuffy/congested nose Not related to seasonal allergies, being outside in cold weather, or other known causes or conditions you already have Headache Headache Unusual, long-lasting not related to tension-type headaches, chronic migraines, or other known causes or conditions you already have Digestive issues like nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain Not related to irritable bowel syndrome, menstrual cramps, or other known causes or conditions you already have Muscle aches Unusual, long-lasting (not related to a sudden injury, fibromyalgia, or other known causes or conditions you already have) Extreme tiredness Unusual, fatigue, lack of energy (not related to depression, insomnia, thyroid dysfunction, or other known causes or conditions you already have) Falling down often Falling down often
• Has a doctor, health care provider, or public health unit told you that you should currently be isolating (staying at home)?
• In the last 14 days, have you been identified as a “close contact” of someone who currently has COVID-19?
• In the last 14 days, have you received a COVID Alert exposure notification on your cell phone?
• In The last 14 days, have you travelled outside of Canada?
NO Games or Scrimmages permitted
• Spectators are NOT permitted (exemption parent/guardian, can enter facility to assist skater with their skates and equipment however must exit the facility immediately).
• Changerooms are not available. Please do not change in the hallways. • Water fountains and Showers are not available - Please bring a pre-filled water bottle.
• Masks are mandatory for all indoor public spaces for those 2 years of age or older and may only be removed while on the ice. Coaches/instructors who are not on the ice, MUST wear a mask.
• Contact Tracing and Covid-19 screening is mandatory to be submitted to Town Facility Staff upon entry. Attending your permit:
• Skaters are to arrive fully dressed (exception of helmet, gloves, and skates). Skaters may enter the building with skates on if they are wearing skate guards.
• To ensure facility capacities are adhered the Permit holder will escort their attendees into the facility 15 minutes prior to the permitted start time where contact tracing information and COVID-19 screening will be reviewed with all attendees.
• Please dress appropriately for the outside weather conditions while waiting to enter the facility or remain in your vehicle until your designated screening time.
• The Permit holder and/or designate is responsible to ensure the indoor gathering limits within their permitted booking space is adhered to as per Provincial health regulations and guidelines.
• The guardian (per minor) will be directed to exit the facility after assisting the minor with skates and will be permitted to enter again at the end of the booking to assist the skater if required.
• Facility signage and physical distancing protocols must be adhered to as per the Provincial Order. Protocols: Town of New Tecumseth 17/02/2021 Attending your permit continued ….
• Upon entry, skaters will be directed to their designated seating area to put skates on and are to follow the distancing markers in the facility.
• Skaters must follow the designated directional signs to enter/exit the Ice pad.
• When you are booked for more than one hour of ice please confirm with the Facility Staff if you have additional groups arriving.
• Please ensure the following groups within your booking are met by the permit holder/or designate outside the facility 15 minutes prior to the next ice start time and contact tracing has occurred and COVID -19 assessment questions reviewed with the new groups arriving
. • Absolutely no spitting or horseplay at any time. These actions will not be tolerated and could risk the facility permit being terminated. Skaters are not to warmup in unpermitted areas of the facility under any circumstances.
• Outside food and beverage is not permitted in the facility.
• Participants must follow the designated distancing markers when using the players benches.
• Access to a washroom for players, coaches and participants will be in the main facility washrooms. Permit holders not adhering to facility protocols may be denied future facility rentals.