The Town of New Tecumseth, following the guidance provided by the Government of Ontario and the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, continues to re-open recreation amenities, facilities, and programs.
Effective September 22, 2021
Who is required to show a Vaccine Certificate at a Town of New Tecumseth recreation centre or facility?
- All individuals 12 years of age and older. This includes all spectators, parents, guardians, coaches, and volunteers.
- We are phasing in our requirement for youth aged 12-17 such that they must have their first dose by Sep 22nd and be fully vaccinated by October 31st in order to participate directly in a sport activity. Youth aged 12-17 must be fully vaccinated as of Sep 22nd in order to enter our facility for anything other than participating directly in a sport.
- Ontarians are encouraged to download their vaccine receipt as proof of their va ccine status until an enhanced vaccine certificate with a QR code is available. Download your proof of vaccination now at Government of Ontario COVID-19.
- Please note that you will need to show your Vaccine Certificate along with a government issued piece of identification each time you enter the facility. Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Drive rs License
- Health Card
- Age of Majority Card
- Birth Certificate
As we are not permitted to collect and store vaccination information on a client account, please exercise patience as we must check and confirm vaccination status on each visit. You will continue to be required to pre-screen for COVID-19 symptoms and contact trace once vaccine information has been verified by staff. Please allow yourself enough time to check in prior to a fitness class or scheduled activity.
The Town of New Tecumseth is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all participants, visitors, and staff at our facilities. This email outlines the process for verifying vaccine certificates for members of the public participating at or visiting Town of New Tecumseth Recreation Centres. The public are expected to continue to follow facility protocols.
Process and Steps for Verifying Vaccine Certificates
Starting on September 22, 2021 in accordance with the Government of Ontario, Ontarians will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide their proof of vaccination along with Government Issued ID to access certain public settings and facilities which includes facilities used for sports and fitness activities, rentals and programs in indoor recreation facilities.
- Indivi duals that do not show proof of vaccination will not be permitted to enter the facility or participate in indoor programming unless they fall under an exemption in the provincial public health orders. Medical exemptions will be required to be supported with an official Doctor’s Note.
- Children 11 years of age and under are not required to be vaccinated, however, the parent or caregiver accompanying the child is required to show their vaccine certificate.
- As per normal guidelines, children 9 years and under must be accompanied by a guardian (14 years of age or older) the guardian must be fully vaccinated and provide Proof of Vaccination.
- Organized sport groups and facility renters are responsible to educate their attendees, visiting teams and participants on the requirement to prov ide Proof of Vaccination to attend their event or sport program.
- Players with an organized sport group will be allowed to enter the facility 30 minutes prior to game start
- Spectators with an organized sport group will be allowed to enter the facility 15 minutes prior to game start
Once proof of vaccination is provided and verified by staff, you may enter the facilities. The following safety protocols will continue to be in place until further notice:
- wearing of masks
- contact tracing
- physical distancing
- pre-screening of all visitors
- hand washing and hand sanitizing
- reduced capacity for programs and facility rentals
- enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols
- Identified ‘entrance only’ and ‘exit only’ doors
The Town of New Tecumseth is working closely with the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit and other community partners to monitor the global situation regarding COVID-19, and to respond accordingly. The Town will continually update its website at www.newtecumseth.ca with any changes to Town services as a result of COVID-19. Further information is available from the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit or the Government of Ontario COVID-19.
We a ppreciate your patience and understanding as PRC staff and the community navigate through this new process. Should you have additional questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe and be kind to each other.
Parks, Recreation & Culture Team